Monday, May 9, 2011

Crazy thing called life...

After a really long & stressful week -I can't help but think of the better things in life. I know it could always be worse. I can not help but imagine those who have suffered from all the natural disaster that has ripped apart entire communities in the South. Makes me feel blessed & thankful despite the series of unfortunate events with my car.

Although my 1 hours Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) was 2 points off. After 5 more needles & a REALLY long morning (6:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.) I passed my 3 hour GTT. GREAT news!

I have really tried to get things on the ball with organizing for Caleb Neil's arrival. My owl themed baby shower is this coming weekend (SO excited) & I really wanted to get things somewhat straight before bringing a bunch of new stuff in. I am really hopeful that I will not find myself completely overwhelmed.

What Josh & I have managed to get accomplished:
  • Crib up
  • Dresser/Chest painted
  • Clothes (& I have already accumulated a lot) washed & stored in drawers/closet
So, it is not a WHOLE lot but it is a start. My goal this week is to hang some wall decor that is truly special to Josh. I am using his baseball equipment & memorabilia to decorate the room. Why leave it in storage?

I have been feeling pregnant for the first time since my 1st trimester recently (and my 1st trimester really was as smooth as I could have ever hoped it would be). But, as I said previously -honeymoon stage = OVER. Lack of sleep, back aches, & most recently swelling of the hands & feet (but only when I spend a lot of time outside in the heat). But, at the end of it all -TOTALLY worth it. I have been so very blessed with great/easy pregnancy & pray it will continue.

Now that I have bored you with my words, I will share my week in photos -ENJOY:

Lawson-Burton Engagement Shoot

29 weeks bump

Jayla's overdue Easter Shoot

Crib is up!

Clothes washed & ready to put away. 

Sweet baby Robin @ the house. I love Spring!

Enjoying the sunshine -just-a swingin'

"I love Choc-wat" -Jayla

5 of these little boogers where removed from our bathroom vent. 4/5 made it as far as we know.


No comments:

Post a Comment