Friday, May 27, 2011

32w Update/Parenting Wisdom

It has been a beautiful week here. Wish today could follow that pattern, but it's looking like rain today. Jayla & I have taken full advantage this week.



Oh, I can not forget to mention the AWESOME gifts that arrived from Chicago that Auntie Ruth sent for Caleb. 


Cubbies gear, some new SUPER cute outfits, a handmade afghan, & a snugly cubbies pillow pet (how cool is that?). THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I love everything.

Well, I have been feeling back to normal again -sorta. My hip pain has subsided, but my sleeping patterns are not really improving. I have been up every few hours. It may very well help me adjust for a future full of long nights -but one good nights sleep a week would be a true lifesaver right now. 

As for Caleb, he is still growing!



I received "The Mother's Almanac" as a gift for my shower from former professor, Dr. Merry George & I have found much enjoyment out of this book thus far into my reading. I thought I would leave you all with some of the things I hope I can remember/hang onto once my little man arrives. Have a wonderful & safe Memorial Day weekend, ENJOY! 

  • "...no matter how ideal the conditions...it's as hard to rear the first child as it always was."
  • "Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but still brings boredom, exhaustion and sorrow too. Nothing else will make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality -especially while you struggle to keep your own."
  • "...although the learning gets less with each succeeding child, the giving never does."
  • "The influences you give your child in the early years will be as much a part of his structure as the bones in his body."
  • "Although we consider parents the king & queen of a family, we think they must respect their subjects now, if only yo avoid guillotine later."
  • "...the pride of a new mother forces her to compete with her own mother (and his mother), not as they were once, young & inept, but as she knows them now -older & very ept indeed."
  • "Only he [your child] can make you feel so foolish, so confused, so frightened -or so exhilarated."
  • "When you are pregnant for the first time you feel superior to every frazzled mother chasing children in the supermarket & you know you'll never be that way. SAVOR THE CONFIDENCE."
  • "...you're the boss, even if your child doesn't know it."
  • "It is difficult enough to be a mother; let us forgo the role of God."
  • "A happy child certainly will not feel he must excel in all areas..."
  • "It takes hard work and hard thinking to rear good people. The job is interesting, although the hours are bad, starting from the first day."


No comments:

Post a Comment